Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chicago to Stockholm


O'Hare Airport

So I decided to get some rest at about 2:15 this morning, and I set my alarm for 3:15, but overslept until 3:45 after I unconsciously turned the alarm all the way off. It was a sad goodbye with my family and Henry, but I managed okay after realizing no one was running after me. I just kept expecting someone to run down the steps at TRI to say, "STOP!" ...but it never happened, so here I am. I just passed through security in Chicago, and I feel as though I am officially leaving the US. Oh wait, I am! It's insane. I have one more hour here before boarding. I should be in Stockholm by 1am Friday, which is 7am their time... hoping that I'll get lots of sleep in while on the flight. Please pray for the safe travels. The other flights have been fine, I've just been in Chicago since 9am this morning... ready to leave! I hope I packed everything. :) If not, I guess I'll have to do a little shopping. I'll post again when I get there, after I meet with my student mentor and everything. Yippee.. Ya'll take care!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm thinking you have just landed (if all flights were on time) and your boots are now on Swedish soil! ;) -- or should I say snow.. Can't wait to hear updates! All the details please!
    hugs from home!!!
    S.

    ReplyDelete